Favorite Place

Located in the far northeast corner of Oklahoma, Grand Lake O' the Cherokees (more commonly referred to as Grand Lake) snakes its way through the foothills of the Ozark Mountain Range. Growing up less than an hour away from this lake allowed me to spend many days and nights swimming, tubing, and fishing in its waters. Running down the lake on a boat, feeling warm air blow past and sunlight shining down on me, never fails to bring a smile to my face. I feel like the photo below truly encapsulates the beauty of the lake and the happiness it is able to bring to so many people, including myself.

Sunset over Grand Lake in northeastern Oklahoma by New Zealand
photographer Curtis Simmons. Source: flickr.

Comments

  1. It was so fun to see another Grand Lake post here, Maci! I had shared a Grand Lake picture in the announcements from Piper's post. And maybe you will want to do a Cherokee-inspired Storybook for this class; there's a Cherokee unit coming up in class, and a wonderful book online too: Mooney's Myths of the Cherokee ... there are some great stories in there! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts