Growth Mindset

Illustration of a growing mind by Annah Chulam. Source: Link.
Prior to this class, I had not heard of the growth mindset theory or Carol Dweck. I see this idea as very interesting, especially because I can see myself using it during the rest of my time in university. I typically set high bars for myself and try not to sell myself short, so whenever I run into obstacles or failures I try to find ways around it to make my goal happen. Such obstacles, or challenges, that I have run into during my time at OU is time management and the ability to retain information. Using the growth mindset ideology, it would help me to realize that I still need to focus and accomplish my goals, and that it is possible if I try hard enough. In terms of this semester, it is my senior year so I am going to be extremely busy, so time management will play a large factor in my success. Using growth mindset, I can stay positive if I run into any setbacks. I look forward to trying to apply this mindset to my schoolwork this semester (and possibly in the future)!

Comments

Popular Posts