Tech Tip: Canvas Dashboard

Ever since I got to OU and learned that the main course website for students was Canvas, I tried my best to customize it to my liking and have done fairly well so far. One thing that I struggled with was removing the color overlay on course cards if the professor uploaded a picture for it since I really wanted to see the pictures on their own! I am so excited that I decided to do this tech tip because now I know how to do that.
I do also use the Canvas sidebar to navigate through courses and calendars. I organize my course cards to be from most used to least used so that I can immediately click on the class if and when I need to. There is nothing that immediately comes to mind that should be on the dashboard that isn't already, I feel like the website itself is pretty user-friendly and easy to navigate!

Comments

  1. Hi Maci! I had no idea you could change the color overlay. That is awesome. Can you change the color of each course? I am sure you can, I just need to play around with it tonight. I also had no idea you could organize the course cards. I may have to get on canvas tonight and adjust everything. Thanks for the tip. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thank you for this tip! I had no idea there were so many things you could do to your canvas dashboard to keep it up-to-date and user friendly. I honestly didn't think you could edit the design of it at all! I am going to head over to my dashboard now to redesign it to fit my schedule and needs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts