Week 8 Reading and Writing

Illustration of Saint Philip Neri with his dog. Source: Catholic Animals.
This is my favorite picture that I have used this semester because I am
Catholic and find the history of saints fascinating, plus I also love dogs!
Looking back at the semester thus far, I would say the reading assignments have been very interesting and fun to read, but quite long and time-consuming (especially with taking notes). I am happy with my blog and website, especially with the functionality and appearance so far, but I feel that the content could definitely be improved upon, especially for smaller posts and also my reading notes. As for the writing for my project, I am happy with the stories thus far and feel that they are interesting and unique in the way that I have told them. I enjoy their topics and have had a good time writing them!
My biggest accomplishment this semester would probably be setting up my project website and creating the stories that I have so far. In the same vein, my favorite stories that I have read so far are the Native American weather stories! My love for weather along with super fascinating stories that happen close to home is exciting to me.
Personally, I don't believe the reading notes are helping me significantly each week and have become somewhat of a burden, which I believe is because I go into so much unnecessary detail. My plan this week and next week to take another look at reading strategies and try a new way of taking notes to make them more helpful to me.

Comments

Popular Posts